14.04 Window Management Buttons

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 09:05:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM, GaryTaig <taig at melbpc.org.au> wrote:
> On 07/05/14 06:58, Jared Norris wrote:
>> On 6 May 2014 21:00, Gary Taig wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone monitor this list?  Surely someone from Canonical keeps track
>>> of feedback.  Can someone answer the question, "Is there an editor (or
>>> some
>>> other method) that enables setting the location of the Window Management
>>> Buttons?"
>>> If not, is it planned?
>

>> Hello Gary
>> This list is a community list supported by volunteers. As far as I'm aware
>> it's not actively monitored by any Canonical staff as part of their day to
>> day role. We do get a number of staff posting from time to time but
>> generally in their spare time as a community member rather than as a
>> Canonical employee.
>

> Many thanks, Jared.

But keep in mind this google+ reply [1] to a comment [2] on a post [3]
 by a unity developer:

[2] one less customization possibility on Unity: window buttons position...

[1] I understand the concerns, but considering that this design
decision has been made so long time ago, and I think that having top
panel buttons (for maximized windows) on the left and decoration
buttons on the right is something not consistent at all, and thus it
doesn't make much sense supporting it (considering it needs some extra
work). I can probably make possible to use old decorations if much
requested, but for now we've other priorities...

[3] https://plus.google.com/+MarcoTrevisan/posts/BUXePbDHKfq