dicomscope-3.6.0 help

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Wed May 7 06:28:09 UTC 2014

Hello Gene,

Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 3:10:02 PM, Gene wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 May 2014 18:09:46 Gene Heskett did opine:

> ping?

>> I have a pair of cdroms with medical imagery stuff in DICOM format.
>> Both are on me, one a CT Scan, and one an MRI.

I have had occasion to look at multiple scans from multiple
organizations. They all come with VERY stripped down Win software. But
- the files from one org do not work on the S/W from another org, and
the MRI files do not work on the S/W for CTs. It may be that there is
additional proprietary stuff - all done with different med equip and
mfg. Also some S/W does not work on all versions of Win. Plus, one DVD
was not burned properly - I had to go back to get another one. It's a
mess....

Try to get/borrow a Win box that might work. Good luck.

BUT - if you DO get many different MRI/CT files to work in one Linux
pgm, please let me know. [off list, since this is OT too.]

--

 rikona