Trusty-Tahr Alpha Install -- updated today--I seem to be running an older kernel version?

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 20:09:45 UTC 2014

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 03:10:11 +0800, ZukePrime wrote:

> Update.
> I think I fixed it by installing the -20 image directly.  uname -a shows
> 3.13.0-20-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 28 09:56:33
>
> I'm just stumped why it happened in the first place.  Would proprietary
> Nvidia drivers have something to do with it?  Doesn't it do some magic
> with the images/headers?

Judging from your previous post it didn't look to me like you had the
linux-image-generic metapackage installed. Install it and the next time
it is updated (which it whenever a new kernel package is released) it
will also pull the latest kernel image package in as a dependency.

Not sure as to why the metapackage got uninstalled, other than sometimes
weird things happen during alpha testing.

--
sktsee