how to mount a dirty windows hard drive

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 04:06:51 UTC 2014

Windows 8 uses NTFS ?
Try to install on your Ubuntu, the software called "gparted", it is the
best one to manage harddisks on Linux!

do:

"sudo apt-get install gparted"

"sudo gparted" on a Terminal, examine your disks

Then, you can mount it with (probably): "ntfs-3g /dev/sdb1 /mnt/windows",
where /dev/sdb1 is the disk/partition of your Windows that you'll need to
figure out using gparted (I tink that each step above can be read-only).

BTW, go for Ubuntu 14.04 already! It is by far much better than 13.10!   ;-)

Cheers!
Thiago