Installing Python 3.3 on 12.04

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 18:17:28 UTC 2014

I added the deadsnakes ppa to my 12.04 sources list.  Went to synaptic
to install it.  The first python3.3 choice I see is idle-python3.3.  I
select it and get a message it needs to install 3 more packages, I say
yes.  One of the the selected packages is python3.3-minimal and right
below it is python3.3-complete which is not selected.  I have done some
googling but can't find out what is the difference between them.

I would tend to install the complete one, but since the minimal one is
the default there must be a reason.  So what is the difference between them?

Thanks,  Jim