Linux is not good for Desktop

Coll-Barth, Michael Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Mar 4 14:48:21 UTC 2014

I thought this thread died.

Personally, I'm glad that linux is small.  As long as it stays that way,
the morons are kept at bay.  Anyone remember the September that never
ended?

My mother ( 80 ) uses Ubuntu and doesn't care.  My kids and wife used to
complain from time to time, but that was more a matter of it being an
old machine.  I just remind them how bad things were with Windows.  Once
the iPhone came along, for them, they got various Apple products.

The only issue I have with Linux, isn't even with Linux.  It is with the
two largest Office suites.  Neither does MS Office file formats by
default or properly.  That's a big hole for the truck of non-acceptance
to drive through.  It doesn't help matters that they insist on not
making an email package as part of the suite.  Yes, I know all about the
existing email packages, but that is NOT the point.  It is not
integrated.  I have installed it on numerous Windows machines for
people.  They use for a while and soon abandon it in favor of MS Office.
Why?  No email and it is as slow as heck.  I don't blame them one bit.