automation script

Dan Purgert dan at djph.net
Sat Mar 1 11:47:03 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 05:02, Colin Law wrote:
> On 1 March 2014 09:34, Paolo De Michele <paolo at paolodemichele.it> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I have many server in production but I would verify this:
>>
>> ex.: I have many domain in /var/www/html/ (domain1 / domain2 / domain3)
>>
>> now,
>>
>> How I do check if the files are added or changed?
>> I should apply this "politic" for all domains but I don't know how
>>
>> It is possible send me an email with the modification?
>> so, exist diff command with some option but I don't understand how to apply it
>
> I have not used it but iwatch looks as if it might be useful
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/en/man1/iwatch.1.html
>
> Colin

This looks like it'll work, although you'll have to set up (at a
minimum) sendmail so that you can receive the emails that the system is
sending out.

Just make sure that if you're going this route, you're straight blocking
any incoming SMTP (port 25) connections until you've had a chance to
secure the sendmail daemon -- wouldn't wanna turn your box into a spam
relay.