nullmailer - Sending failed: Could not exec program

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jun 23 00:25:01 UTC 2014

On Sunday 22 June 2014 10:45:49 Colin Law did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 22 June 2014 15:37, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 June 2014 06:55:59 Graham Watkins did opine
> >
> >>   host ntlworld.com
> >>
> >> ntlworld.com has address 212.250.162.12
> >
> > Security lesson time:
> >
> > This is an "outside" address. Anyone in the world can find it, and
> > exploit it if possible. And an unpatched windows machine will be
> > rooted by someone in eastern Europe, or even stateside, often within
> > 30 seconds of plugging in the CAT5 cable.  Linux machines are far
> > better, but not invincible.
>
> Not sure what you are saying here, that ntlworld.com has a globally
> accessible IP address and may be hacked?  If it did not then
> http://ntlworld.com would not work very well.  Also I would hope that
> ntl (now virginmedia I think) do not use unpatched Windows machines.
>
> Colin

The web link in my sig IS this machine, it is not some web hosting service
running on what could be unknown hardware.  That port number is the only
port number that is forwarded.  Some of the stuff on that page is getting
quite long in the tooth, heck there is even a few pix of me there that
were taken by the woof in 2008 while I was building that garage almost
single-handedly, but it should give the viewer some idea of what keeps me
out of the bars.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)