lost gui

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 14:04:22 UTC 2014

On 22 June 2014 15:55, Jasleen Kaur <jasleen.7956 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> i am using 12.04. my gui is not working. After grup, instead of opening
> unity greeter, it opens console. i also found a message on a screen during
> booting, this is not a bootable device.insert some boot device. i was trying
> to make a bootable dvd. i think i did something wrong. then this problm
> occurs. need urgent help !

You can login with your normal username and password. Then use ``sudo
-i'' to become root, and  try renaming /etc/X11/xorg.conf to
xorg.conf.old and rebooting. (Ctrl-Alt-Del will reboot.)

If you don't know how, say so and we can give more detailed instructions.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven