startssl client authentication certificate

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 04:46:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 04:19:58 +0000, thufir wrote:

> However, when I look in firefox, there are multiple certificates from
> StartCom, but I'm not sure which one is the certificate I'm after.

They say:

Back to Top4.) How do I backup my client certificates?
Firefox: Select "Preferences|Options" -> "Advanced" -> "Encryption" ->
"View Certificates", choose the "Your Certificates" tab and locate your
client certificate from the list. The certificate will be listed under
StartCom. Select the certificate and click on "Backup", choose a name for
this backup file, provide a password and save it at a known location. Now
you should either burn this file to a CD ROM or save it on a USB stick or
smart card. Thereafter delete this file from your computer.

but there are several certificates, plus the downloaded file.  (A plugin
downloaded it.)

-Thufir