Mail server appears to be required to receive rkhunter output

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 15 10:40:50 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

I wish to run rkhunter as a daily cron job and have it's output mailed
to me.  This seems to involve setting up and configuring a mail server -
a task that is somewhat out of my comfort zone.  Can anyone recommend
something to use that is simple to set up and configure and, ideally
point me at a simple set of instructions for doing so.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but this does seem somewhat
beyond my usual desktop managing abilities.

Cheers,

Graham