Trying to run Dxdiag under WINE after installing directx for windows

Jared Buck jared.buck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 12:17:20 UTC 2014

Hi all, I'm hoping to get a few Windows games running under WINE.  However,
i saw you have to do a few manual configurations in the winecfg to get
directx to install properly.  I did that, and now I want to run dxdiag to
ensure directx is installed and working correctly.  But when i type wine
dxdiag.exe, I get the following error messages in the terminal:

err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\dxdiagn.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{a65b8071-3bfe-4213-9a5b-491da4461ca7} could be created for context 0x1
err:dxdiag:collect_dxdiag_information IDxDiagProvider instance creation
failed with 0x80070005
err:dxdiag:wWinMain DxDiag information collection failed

What does this error mean and how can I fix it?

Jared