Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS for *very* old server hardware

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Tue Jun 10 19:34:12 UTC 2014

Le 09/06/2014 13:13, Niki Kovacs a écrit :
> I just created a virtual machine in VirtualBox with 110 MB RAM and a
> single processor, and the installation CD booted slowly but without any
> problems.

OK, I finally got to test the installation in a real world situation.

Good news: the installation CD booted OK on the server.

Bad news: after a few setup screens, it got stuck at loading additional
modules. I opened a second console and found the culprit: out of RAM.

Is there any low-RAM version of the Ubuntu Server CD ?

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr