computer/properties

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:59:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Vinny Ray <Vinny at fusiontunes.net> wrote:

> I right click on computer and select properties. On the permissions tab it
> says I cant make any changes because I am not the owner. So I am just
> wondering who owns my computer?
> etc.... is why I deleted windows off of my system.
> How can I fix this?
> I also see that I need to type in my password every time I install
> something..
> Surely Linux has a fix for these problems?

I'll assume that you're no trolling...

It's normal that you don't have write access to anything outside of
your user directory. Any OS that doesn't enforece this isn't worth
using.

What are you trying to do? Why do you need to change the computer properties?

The first user created on an Ubuntu box has admin rights. What admin
tasks is it being prevented from performing?