Are you forced to buy windows in order to solve certain tasks on the internet e.g. like certain banktasks and to update garmin gps maps and other

nitin chandra nitinchandra1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 16:44:17 UTC 2014

I work on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit on my Lenovo laptop Z570. Some of the
things I do are

- test mongoDB, mysql DB work, PostgreSQL DB based web app development,
- LibreOffice allows me to correspond in DOC / DOCX formats.
- A good and cheap alternative to CAD software works on Linux, I use that.
- I do a lot of image touch up with GIMP,
- QGIS / GRASS (even though some times GARMIN compatibility / reading
gets in the way), Google Earth, etc
- I brows the net, check my mail, skype, transfer data from BB mobile
SD, to laptop,
- Listen to music and if need be edit tracks with Aurdour.
- Net banking, etc

All that and more, as the issues arise or moments desire ...

And I chose to do it on Linux.

The only time I work on windblows, is, when there is time constrain
and features availability on windoblows software of that calibre is
required. 20% of my time on WindBlows max. Rest on LINUX

Either you get forced with windBlow or you choos linux .. its a personal call ..

Nitin