Why is there no more adblock-plus package?

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 14:16:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:41:20 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Older versions of Ubuntu had a nice little adblock-plus package.
> Unfortunately it isn't available anymore, which means I have to install
> it manually for about 80 users.
>
> Of course I can use Squid, but Adblock Plus had the advantage of having
> a per-site configuration. Sometimes users have to be able to temporarily
> disable Adblock.

There is an unofficial (therefore unsupported) Mozilla Extensions PPA
that's setup by the Mozilla Team responsible for packaging Mozilla apps
for Ubuntu. It provides adblock plus, noscript, and a few other popular
extensions.

PPA is here:
https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+archive/ubuntu/xul-ext

--