Template files

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 09:15:33 UTC 2014

> On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 23:32:26 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>
> > Just found yet another thing that doesn't work in Ubuntu 14.04, but
> > worked perfectly well with Ubuntu 12.04:
> >
> > 1. Create a folder somewhere, for instance ~/Templates 2. Copy some
> > different files to that folder, such as an empty spreadsheet and more.
> > 3. Make sure the following line exists in ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs:
> > XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="$HOME/Templates/"
>
> IIRC, whatever Nautilus uses to parse user-dirs.dirs (xdg-open, I think),
> it is very finicky about the format of the entries. Removing the trailing
> slash from "$HOME/Templates" should resolve the issue. At least it does
> in 12.04, so it should in 14.04 unless there is some other regression at
> play.

Actually I have had that thought, but since some of the entries had the
slash and some didn't, I just thought that nah, that shouldn't matter…
So now I removed those trailing slashes and now it works perfectly; I
didn't even need to log out and in…! And I feel stupid… :P

Anyway, thanks!

Johnny Rosenberg