Imagination can not export

Gary J. Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 07:02:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> Gary J. Kirkpatrick wrote:
> > I make lots of slideshows and have been using Imagination.  However it
> > does not work in 14.04
> >
> > I get this error message.
> >
> > Failed to execute child process "ffmpeg" (No such file or directory).
> >
> > I have not been able to find any solutions so far so maybe someone
> > knows how to add the  ffmpeg that's missing
>
> You can replace ffmped by avconv which is available in 14.04.
>

> Nils

Thanks for the reply:

Synaptics found avconv associated with Winff, which is a converter and does
not list avconv separately so I do not see how to install it from there.
Software also just comes up with Winff.

An internet search did not reveal any way to sub one for the other.  Ask
ubuntu shows a rather complex conversation here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9477115/who-can-tell-me-the-difference-and-relation-between-ffmpeg-libav-and-avconv.
It's a bit beyond me.

Kdenlive seems like a good replacement.  I found this how to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBAcqUzkDg

garyk