Sporadic keyboard jamming on lightdm; problems with sessions after

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 21:06:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> wrote:
> On 2014-07-17, Tom H wrote:
>>
>> happens to me coming out of sleep almost every time but on 14.10 not
>> 14.04. I don't remember it happening to me on 14.04.
>>
>> I haven't file a bug report because it doesn't happen all the time and
>> apport may have filed one for this problem on my behalf for
>> indicator-keyboard-service.
>>
>> My workaround is to click on the top right computer icon and then
>> click in the password field - and I can then log in.
>
> We'll try that & I'll let you know.  Thanks.

You're welcome.

The bug is

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-keyboard/+bug/1338513

but the link's dead. I assume that they want to check whether there's
any private data in the automatically-uploaded traces.

The description that I gave was:

I didn't notice this crash unless it's related to the fact that coming
out of suspend I have to click on the computer icon at the top right
and then in the password field in order to type my password in.