new 10.04.4 LTS install

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 02:07:16 UTC 2014

On 07/16/2014 08:52 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> HD failed on my lathe, (e2fsck totally destroyed the / partition),so its a
> fresh install.
>
> But its been yonks (say about 3 years) since I last setup the nfs share on
> that machine so I can move stuff back & forth.
>
> Where can I find a tut on setting that up again?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Here are my notes I keep for setting up nfs on my machines
hope they help.

Setting up NFS

Add files you want to share to /etc/exports

/usr/local/lib/letters 192.168.1.2 (rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

Then run the command

exportfs -ra

On the client

mount 192.168.1.1:/usr/local/ib/letters /usr/local/lib/letters

(Mount point must exsist!

To allow users to mount nfs try a line like something like
this in /etc/fstab :

hostname:/home/foo /mount-point/nfs-foo   nfs
noauto,users,rw,hard,intr 0 0

Substitute IP numbers of course, if needed.