How to "Automatically save session on logout" in 14.04 ?

Sajan Parikh sajan at parikh.io
Wed Jul 16 15:15:00 UTC 2014

On 07/16/2014 10:01 AM, Jkhatri wrote:

> Hello All
>
> How to Automatically save session on logout or shutdown in ubuntu
> 14.04 ,  I want to set re-open applications which were running when i
> reboot or log-out  from the system

Don't know the direct answer to your question, but Hibernate might
achieve what you're trying to do.  It's not available in Ubuntu by
default, you'll have to enable the menu item for Hibernate to work.

Keep in mind, there's some hardware out there that make this not work.
So test first by running pm-hibernate and making sure everything comes
back the way you want.

https://help.ubuntu.com/14.04/ubuntu-help/power-hibernate.html