odd browser behavior

Juan M nyuub at outlook.ph
Tue Jul 15 20:21:19 UTC 2014

Have you installed any webapps of those websites before it all happened?
If you did, try removing those.

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:58:52 -0400
From: jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: odd browser behavior

    On 07/15/2014 03:32 PM, Kevin O'Gorman
      wrote:

      I also have an upgraded 12.04; mine is Xubuntu.
        One web page I visit a lot did not load in Chrome at first.  The
        problem went away in subsequent updates.  Other than that, no
        problems.

    Looks like my only recourse is to do a clean install. I've tried
    just about everything, but nothing will work.

    If anyone has anything to suggest, I'm still listening.

        On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Jack
          Wallen <jlwallen at monkeypantz.net>
          wrote:

             Using Ubuntu 14.04 on
              a 64 bit machine. This was an upgrade from 13.10.

              I often switch between Firefox and Chrome.

              There are sites (such as Google+ and Facebook) that will
              start to load and then stop. I can't do anything with the
              tab...other than close it. All other opened sites seem to
              work fine. I've run tail -f /var/log/syslog and the only
              issue I saw was either an apparmor issue (with Firefox) or
              retire_playback_urb: 6295 callbacks suppressed (with
              Chrome).

              Has anyone experienced this? If so, what is the fix? It's
              getting rather annoying and I don't want to have to do a
              re-install (I will if necessary, but this is my production
              machine and downtime prevents me from working).

              Thank you all for any suggestions.

                  Jack

                  --

                    Jack Wallen www.getjackd.net

                    Writer of the I Zombie series and other novels of
                    darkness

                    Award-winning technical writer

            ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

        Kevin O'Gorman

          programmer, n. an organism that transmutes caffeine into
          software.

                Please
                    consider the environment before printing this email.