pdf document from healthcare.gov not opening

Keith w7kew_2 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 10 05:30:23 UTC 2014

[posted to "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users.lists.ubuntu.com> & emailed]
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:13:20 +0200, "Gary J. Kirkpatrick"
<garyartista at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM, Brandon Vincent <Brandon.Vincent at asu.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 20:05 +0200, Gary J. Kirkpatrick wrote:
> > > Any thoughts?
> >
> > XFA is your problem.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFA#Compatibility
> >
> > Brandon Vincent
> >

> I have never had much luck with wine.  Installing windows in virtual box is
> reliable.  So unless I can borrow a windows or (I suppose) a mac machine,
> that's what I'll do.   Apparently adobe's linux version is not good.
>
> Maybe the healtcare.gov people with fix this one of these days.
>
> thanks everyone
>

> garyk

Go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=KLXME
Download Adobe for Linux
Once saved open a terminal then navigate to the download directory.
type
chmod 755 AdbeRdr9.5.5-1_i486linux_enu.bin
sudo ./AdbeRdr9.5.5-1_i486linux_enu.bin