Okay, I give up… how to connect my (Android) phone properly (MTP)?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:31:30 UTC 2014

My old operating system, Ubuntu 12.04, didn't have MTP support built in, so
I had to install some backport thing to make it work.
Now, I have Ubuntu 14.04, which seem to have MTP support built in. Fine, so
far. But what do I need to do to make it work properly? In 12.04 my phone
always ended up at the same place (~/.gvfs/mtp/). Very good. Fantastic.
In 14.04 however, it does NOT! Today it ended up at
”/run/user/1000/gvfs/mtp:host=%5Busb%3A001%2C008%5D/”, but the exact path
is different each time, which breaks a lot of things, such as some (bash)
scripts that copy some files to the phone – and I use those a lot. Or at
least I did when they worked…

So what do I need to do to make sure my phone always end up at exactly the
same place using the exact same name?

Johnny Rosenberg