Linux is not good for Desktop

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Thu Jan 30 05:53:04 UTC 2014

On 01/29/2014 09:09 AM, Ramachandran Chidambaraiyer wrote:

> While discussing about Apple and its OS for Mac and Iphone, it was
> mentioned that Linux has failed as an OS for Desktop. It includes
> Ubuntu also.
> Do you agree with this.
> Ramachandran

It seems that all we are hearing is vague thought about the fact that
someone us unhappy with the Linux Desktop.  My question is why?  What
are the specific reasons that Linux is undesirable? There may be
existing solutions to these issues.  These issues expressed may be
motivation by the Linux developing community to improve it.  I use
13.10, and I did not like the Unity interface when I first saw it, plus
I wanted less fluff, so I went to xUbuntu with the xfce desktop.

This feedback is how we make the OS better.  We are not locked into one
file system, user interface, etc.

John