ubuntu: destroy a huge binary file and make it non-readable.

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Jan 26 22:16:39 UTC 2014

Ryan Gauger wrote:
> Can we just please not worry about top-posting? I'm not trying to
> start a flame war or anything, I just get tired of seeing people get
> their panties in a wad over things like this. And it's default in
> Gmail and iOS Mail to top-post... Thanks!

I don't intend to use Gmail, so I have no personal experience. However I
don't think that the Gmail client has a preference how to post. Just
that the cursor sits at the top doesn't mean that you are supposed to
put your reply to that position. If you read the Ubuntu mailing list
guidelines (I posted the link earlier), you will see that you should
remove unnecessary text in your reply, so it should be quite useful to
start at the top of the quoted text, where your cursor probably is
already. Then move the cursor down below the part of the text you want
to reply to. And on your way down you can easily remove unnecessary text
from the quote.

I know that top-posting is also the standard for business mail, but that
doesn't mean that it is useful for mailing lists. :)

OTOH, nobody will prevent you from top-posting, but then please expect
that some people who are annoyed about that behaviour may not help you.

Nils