disable video track, just play audio

Catalin Soare lolinux.soare at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 16:34:14 UTC 2014

On Jan 22, 2014 10:37 AM, "thufir" <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like totem, or, failing that, GNOME mplayer.  But it seems only vlc has
> a menu option to disable the video track?
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/339990/is-it-possible-to-disable-the-video-
> output-in-a-video-player-but-keep-the-audio
>
> There are plenty of videos where I'm only interested in the audio, just
> wondering if anyone has more options.
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Hello!

You might want to take a look at mplayer. It could do that in batch mode,
with:
mplayer -vo=null (if I'm not mistaking?)
Anyway for these kinds of options you will get away with it if you only
read the help.
There are tons of usage examples on the web. Awesome player and you might
also be interested in mencoder, the mplayer's encoder for more advanced
media conversion capabilities.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

--