Nikolai Cassanova: Help with usb devices in VirtualBox and OLE Objects (Kevin Olbrich)(Liam)

nikolaigauntiet at estelacm.sld.cu nikolaigauntiet at estelacm.sld.cu
Tue Jan 21 20:23:15 UTC 2014

Peter:
Hi, I have added my self to vboxusers.

Kevin:
I don't use a hub, I have 3 usb ports on my laptop and one is usb 3.0
while the other 2 i think are just regular usb 2.0.  Also when using just
ubuntu I can access the device.

The virtual windows 7 sees the usb devices but doesn't install the drivers
for them.  So i see error when i go to device manager in windows 7 and I
am not allowed to use the usb device.  Should I enable usb 2.0 in
virtualbox.

Liam:
I can't use vmware player because I don't have access to internet like
that.  Yes I have the virtualbox additions installed from synaptic.

In terms of OLE Objects, I have ubuntu-restricted installed in synaptic

--
Nikolai Gauntlet Cassanova