Nikolai Cassanova: Help with virutalbox for ubuntu 13.04

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 22:29:02 UTC 2014

On 20 January 2014 20:33,  <nikolaigauntiet at estelacm.sld.cu> wrote:
> Hi, I installed virtualbox from the synaptic package manager and then
> loaded windows 7 and also installed the extensions pack.  For some reason
> when i plug in usb devices they can't be accessed by the virtual windows
> 7.  Every time it says failed to install drivers for the usb device when i
> plug in a usb memory stick, or iphone or etc.  What can i do to get usb
> suppor to work, the usb devices are shown in the lower portion of the
> virtualbox window but won't work in windows 7.

I am not sure that I understand your message. Do you mean that you
downloaded & installed the optional VirtualBox Extensions into
VirtualBox /as well as/ installing the Guest Additions into your copy
of Windows?

For what it's worth, and I know this may not be good news, but when I
need to access USB devices, I use VMware Player. I find its USB
support is much better than VirtualBox. It's also a free download but
VMware Player isn't FOSS.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884