Locking up when logging out.

Christian cdysthe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 03:23:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 13.10 x64 on a Thinkpad laptop. Everything works
except for one thing: Often when I log out of a account I end up with a
black screen with a blinking cursor "-" on the top left of the screen.
The only way out of it is opening another console and reboot from there.
I have tried to kill the locked up session but do not know how to get
back to a login prompt. This doesn't happen all the time but it is
probably around half of the times I log out. Otherwise my install is
pretty standard running Unity as desktop and LightDM as display manager.
There's no such problems when I reboot.

Any idea what may be causing this?

--
//Christian