nfs broken after upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Wed Jan 8 13:22:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 11:44:25PM -0700, scar wrote:
> Marius Gedminas @ 01/07/2014 05:45 AM:
> > Maybe check the firewall configuration?
>
> i can telnet to the server on port 2049 and get connected, as well as
> the other ports for the other daemons (which have changed since last
> writing).  however, i noticed i can't connect to the rpcbind on port
> 111, maybe because it is only listening on the ipv6 interface?  could
> that be the hold up?  is there a way to make it listen on the ipv4
> interface like the other daemons?
>
> $ sudo netstat -tnlvp|grep 111
> tcp6       0      0 :::111                  :::*            LISTEN
> 12328/rpcbind

You might be right!  This is what I get when I run that command:

$ sudo netstat -tnlvp|grep 111
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      817/rpcbind
tcp6       0      0 :::111                  :::*                    LISTEN      817/rpcbind

Here are the command-line arguments of my rpcbind process:

$ ps 817
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
  817 ?        Ss     0:09 rpcbind -w

AFAICS it is stared by /etc/init/portmap.conf, and takes its
command-line options from two configuration files, neither of which
exists on my working system: /etc/default/rpcbind, /etc/rpcbind.conf.

Marius Gedminas
--
Funny off-topic messages are always on-topic.