sane scanner for ubuntu 12.04

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Jan 7 12:56:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 08:46:01PM -0500, Don Parsons wrote:
> On 01/06/2014 04:35 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> >On 6 January 2014 21:28, Don Parsons <dfp10 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >>Hello
> >>I cannot find dll.conf (or conf.dll)
> >>Where can I get a copy?
> >It should have been installed when you installed sane.  Mine is in /etc/sane.d/
> >
> >If it is not there tell us how you installed sane.  Also which version
> >of Ubuntu you are using.
> >
> >Colin
> >
> I deleted it after making some changes that did not work.

To get it back you must reinstall sane after first purging it

  sudo apt-get purge sane
  sudo apt-get install sane

(If you don't purge, apt/dpkg will assume that you intentionally deleted
the config file and do not want it back.)

There's an alternative way -- sudo apt-get install sane --reinstall -d
will download the .deb into /var/cache/apt/archives, and then you can
open that .deb with Midnight Commander or file-roller and extract the
config file directly.

> I am trying to get the NeatReceipts Plustek OptiksSlim M12 flatbed
> scanner to work in Ubuntu 12.04

Looks like https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/312296

We have a different gt68xx scanner in the office.  To get it to work
under Ubuntu all we had to do was download the firmware and put it under
/usr/share/sane/gt68xx/, no .conf changes necessary.

I've checked sane configuration on Ubuntu 12.04, and it has
configuration for "NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner" (usb 0x07b3 0x0462)
already in it, so I think all you need is to copy the firmware.

Marius Gedminas
--
Did you know that 7/5 people don't know how to use fractions?