digiKam problem side effect - or maybe not

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 12:21:51 UTC 2014

On 13 February 2014 07:31, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

> I like some kde apps, but now that I've gotten used to Ubuntu, I
> rather like it overall. And, like digikam, there is no Ubuntu app like
> that in non-kde form AFAIK. What I REALLY like is to use both
> together!

I prefer it myself. I liked KDE 1 but since then I feel it has got bloated.

> I was considering that but don't see a way of working both together
> that way. If I install the whole thing, can I still use any kde app
> while in Ubuntu, just like I do now with konq etc? If so, I might try
> this fix.

Yes you can.

> Before the 'removal' I used to run gksu konq all the time with no
> problem.That pair seems to work together quite well.

OK, fair enough.

> I noticed that when I installed konq. :-) And that was why I was in
> great despair in hoping to fix the konq problem - LOTS of things can
> go wrong...

[Nod] A lot of KDE apps can pull in a huge amount of dependencies.

> I'm also considering an uninstall/reinstall of konq - likely using
> your thorough procedure :-) - a good idea?

No harm in trying!

> Thanks for the help and advice - much appreciated!

Well, that's what we're here for. :¬)

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven