Can't adjust launcher icon size

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 19:27:27 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 02/07/2014 04:14 AM, Tom H wrote:

>>> I'm not much of a command line user, so when I try that command and I get
>>> the response: "No such schema 'org.compiz.unityshell'", I'm not sure how
>>> proceed.
>>
>> I'm sorry, I should've qualified my answer.
>>
>> It works on 14.04, 13.10, and 13.04.
>>
>> It works on 12.10 for values >=32.
>>
>> For 12.04, you have to use gconftool-2. I've forgotten the invocation
>> and, AFAIR, it'll only work for values >=32.
>
> OK, thanks for the clarification. I have 13.10 on my laptop and that's were
> it will do the most good anyway.

You're welcome.

I forgot to answer your question about "no such schema". I don't
really know what to do except to check what keys exist with

dconf list /org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/

(I tried to come up with a gsettings invocation for about 5 minutes
and then gave up. Had I known about dconf when I first needed to
change the icon size, I would've probably have used dconf too because
figuring out how gsettings works is a PitA!)