converting shn to flac with SoundConverter

ZP zukeprime at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:46:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 08:58:43 -0600
Curt Tresenriter <ctres at grics.net> wrote:

>In trying to convert shn to flac, SoundConverter is telling me that
>"Python (v.2.7) requires to install plugins to play media files of the
>following type: Shorten Lossless decoder"
>
>Searching hasn't turned up anything useful so far.
>Does anyone know what it is I should be searching for?

Hey Curt,
Did you install the suggested packages for soundconverter?

From 14.10 Utopic:

Package: soundconverter
Architecture: all
Version: 2.1.3-1
Depends: python, python-gnome2, python-glade2, python-gst0.10,
gstreamer0.10-plugins-good, gstreamer0.10-plugins-base

--> Suggests:gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly, gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg Filename:
pool/universe/s/soundconverter/soundconverter_2.1.3-1_all.deb

Looks like gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly may be worth looking at, if you
haven't already.