Xsane not working

Scott Blair scott.blair at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 03:58:17 UTC 2014

On 12/22/2014 01:17 PM, NoOp wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> Just to let you know, because I didn't mention this earlier, I did
> uninstall and reinstall the printer.
>
> Sorry for the delayed reply - I have to go to work.
>
> It looks like your printer is now detected and working on Bus 001 Device
> 014, can you try scanning with xsane from the terminal again & show the
> output?
>
> This is a complete WAG: try installing bjnp to see if that clears the
> bjnp port issue:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install cups-backend-bjnp
>
> Afterwards, see if there is any change when using 'scanimage
> --list-devices'.

Here is the scanimage --list-devices:
scott at main:~$ scanimage --list-devices
[bjnp] create_broadcast_socket: bind socket to local address failed -
Cannot assign requested address
device `kodakaio:libusb:001:026' is a Kodak KODAK ESP 3200 Series AiO
flatbed scanner
scott at main:~$

I didn't see that the other output I reported didn't have the
--list-devices in it.

--

Scott Blair

save on backup time BackUpDevice=null