xorg.conf permissions

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 22 10:17:40 UTC 2014

hi ,
Am Sonntag, den 21.12.2014, 20:28 -0500 schrieb steve reilly:

> > Under the "X Server Display Configuration" menu option is the
> > configuration set to TwinView? I think I see a couple of issues with
> > your xorg.conf.
> >

> no option for twinview.  use to be there awhile ago though.  looks
> like "clone" is something new.  for the dropdown on xscreen0 (both
> monitors) i have the position options for absolute, right of, left of,
> above, below, and clone.
>
> for xscreen1 I have no position options
>
> http://imgur.com/dG6K4Te&AGW1T5S#0
> http://imgur.com/dG6K4Te&AGW1T5S#1
> http://imgur.com/0wIn3Nx
>
> I tried clone and all that did was give me 2 exact same screens, with
> a cursor on each which exactly followed each other.  yea, not what i
> need lol

it would be helpful if you could pastebin /var/log/Xorg.0.log somewhere
and link it from here  ...
specifically for nvidia you should always make sure to have the
nvidia-config package with the matching version (if a new driver option
needs a UI option in there, older versions of the config program wont
have it).

for dual  card stuff you likely now need the BaseMosaic option set to on
(and depending on your HW setup a bunch of others).

ciao
	oli