xorg.conf permissions

steve reilly steve at reillyblog.com
Sun Dec 21 20:02:13 UTC 2014

> xorg-edgers is experimental and does not come with any expectation of
> stability. It is certainly not designed for production systems.
>
> Your issue is most likely with this PPA. I'd downgrade and try the
> Ubuntu provided driver.
>
> "sudo ppa-purge xorg-edgers" should do the trick.

perfect.  your my new best friend!

xorg.conf will save now after entering credentials.  Ive tried to get
the 3rd monitor to be able to be used.  on logon screen, all 3 display
fine, then after you login, the 3rd monitor (on second card, sep x
screen) screen turns grey, can still see cursor and all, can get right
click menu, etc, but cannot drag anything to it.

ive uploaded conf here  http://paste.ubuntu.com/9590732/

in nvidia-settings, 2 monitors on xscreen0, first card, are set as
absolute (default, havent changed it yet)

on second card, xserver1,  theres no option for position.  which, i
swear there use to be before.  I thought I had all 3 set as cloned at
one point.  Can you not do that with 2 separate xservers?