Setting up Multiboot from ISOs

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Thu Dec 18 16:46:11 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a desktop kiosk-style computer at my local Library,
based on Ubuntu.

My idea is to have a regular desktop mainly  for browsing the Web, but I
would also like it to be able to reboot into an ISO by clicking an icon on
the Launcher.

I specifically would like to use the Linux Gamers.net [1] and another ISO
compressed as squashfs and using syslinux to boot.

I am having trouble configuring the GRUB2 menuentries to boot these as ISOs
and I have no idea how to create a launcher to boot the computer to the
ISOs.

The computer isn't strong enough for a VM...

[1] http://live.linux-gamers.net

Thank you,

Amichai.