Firefox problems

Bill Stanley bstanle at wowway.com
Thu Dec 18 02:07:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have, in the past week only, been having problems accessing two very
popular websites.  These are bbc.com and weather.gov.  It fails to
display when I visit bbc.com and control is transferred to
static.bbci.co.uk.  Firefox displays other sites OK.

I am using Mint Linux (Mate desktop) and the Firefox browser is 30 (for
Mint 1.0).  I was using the adblock, noscript, flash block and ghostery
add ons and thinking that one of them was misbehaving, I disabled all of
the add ons.  It did not change anything.

At first, I thought it was specific to these two websites thinking that
they were experiencing a denial of service attack or some other internet
related problem.  Other websites were unaffected such as google, you
tube and many other websites.  These websites work just fine when I dual
boot to Windows and use the Windows version of Firefox.  Has anybody
experienced the same thing?