Keyboard won't accept input <SOLVED>

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Wed Dec 17 09:34:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 05:19:31PM -0600, Curt Tresenriter wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:24:11 -0600
> Curt Tresenriter <ctres at grics.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:27:15 +0000
> > Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Try logging on as a different user (or guest) and see if it makes
> > > any difference.  That will tell you if it is just something in your
> > > settings.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion Colin.
> > The new account allows typing as normal.
> > What settings could possibly have changed? ... and where are they?
> > All I can find is the keypress repeat, delay
>
> On a whim, I just looked at the universal access settings and found the
> "Slow Keys" setting turned on.
> Not sure how this happened I've never even looked at those settings
> before.

*Google google*

  "To select or deselect this feature from the keyboard, press-and-hold
  Shift for eight seconds. This keyboard shortcut automatically selects
  all of the slow keys options"
    -- https://people.gnome.org/~shaunm/access-guide/dtconfig-11.html#dtconfig-15

This document has a (c) of 2003 so I dunno if it's still accurate.

> This isn't the first time I've found a setting had changed and I've
> always been doubtful that I hadn't made the change myself.
> This time I sure I hadn't touched it.

Marius Gedminas
--
Microsoft has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
                -- Judge Jackson