Keyboard won't accept input

CenturyLink Customer ctres at grics.net
Sun Dec 14 12:37:43 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "CenturyLink Customer" <ctres at grics.net>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 6:14:48 AM
Subject: Re: Keyboard won't accept input

----- Original Message -----
From: "william drescher" <william at TechServSys.com>
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:45:03 AM

<snip>

> Where/how do I begin sorting this out?
Start with simplifing.
Does it work with the kbd adaptor plugged directly into the machine?
if not, does another kbd work?
if so, try reversing the connections from the kvm to the boxen.

You need to figure out if it is the kbd, the kvm or the ubuntu box.

I get the same result with the kbd attached directly to the Ubuntu box and with another kbd mouse directly attached - mouse works not the kbd.

edit:
Second kbd/mouse works plugged into the Windows box.

So the problem is somewhere in Ubuntu I think.