14.04 - keyboard loosing configuration

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 22:17:05 UTC 2014

On 5 December 2014 at 19:49, Carlos Alberto Alves
<drcaa at predialnet.com.br> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a core i5 system on an Asus P68 motherboard with 16Gb RAM, ABNT2
> microsoft keyboard and a 2 Tb HD. It is running ubuntu 14.04 fully updated.
> From time to time it looses keyboard configuraton; going from ABNT2 to US
> international. It needs a reboot to go back to ABNT2 again.
> Does anybody know how to solve this problem???

No, but it is interesting that you are seeing that.  I also have a
14.04 system configured with a UK keyboard and sometimes the £ # and @
characters go walkabout on the keyboard, I think it is going to the US
layout, though it still says it is UK.  I found that if I plugged in
another keyboard (in addition to the one there already), which I did
to see if it was a keyboard problem, then not only did the second
keyboard work correctly, but so did the original one, and it kept
going when I removed the second one.  It has not failed again (a
couple of days ago), my next test was going to be to unplug the
original keyboard and plug it back in again.  I searched Launchpad to
no avail.

Colin