Open-VPN Configuration

Stephen Wood smwood4 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 00:47:22 UTC 2014

Here's the gist of installing openvpn

1. Install the openvpn software and easy-rsa
2. Use easy-rsa to generate the certificates for server and then generate a
certificate for one or more clients
3. On the server, enable the proper iptables configuration to allow nat ip
masquerading
4. On the server, open up the ports for openvpn (and make sure it's the
correct proto)
5. Generate the client config specific to your network
6. Connect with the client

I wrote an install script that I use on my raspberry pi that you may find
helpful, though it is missing the iptabels rules:

http://www.heystephenwood.com/2014/09/openvpn-raspberry-pi-auto-installer.html

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Emiliano Vazquez <emilianovazquez at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  El 02/12/14 a las 05:56, maninder singh escibió:
>
> Dear All,
>
>  I have a two machine first one is Server HP Proliant ML150 and second is
> my laptop. So i need to configure the OPEN-VPN from server to client.
> I was tried to setup setup a OPEN-VPN in my environment with ZEROSHELL,
> Router/Firewall and help of VPN. But Unable to complete the setup.
> So i need a help anybody who have best idea to configure and where to
> start i am looking. Please provide any idea or any link or procedure so
> that i can
> resolve this issue.
>
> Hi. Please let us now what how to are you following.
> the best way to help you is know what you do and your problems.
>
> This link is a good start
> https://help.ubuntu.com/14.04/serverguide/openvpn.html
>
> Follow every step and you will finally create your vpn.
>
> Best regards.
>

> --
> Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro Informatica & CCTV
> Office: +54 (11) 4635-3218 y Rotativashttp://www.pccentro.com.ar

Stephen Wood
www.heystephenwood.com