Problem with Team Viewer after upgrading from 12.04 to 14.04

Pep3ts pep3ts at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 13:59:14 UTC 2014

Hello to all the list,

I've a little problem after upgrading my system from Ubuntu 12.04 to
14.04, all seems to be ok but I can't find the app Team Viewer,
installed on 12.04.
I tried to download again the .deb from website and this is the output
of sudo dpkg -i:

(Reading database ... 231626 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack teamviewer_linux_x64.deb ...
Unpacking teamviewer9 (9.0.30203) over (9.0.30203) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of teamviewer9:
  teamviewer9 depends on lib32asound2; however:
   Package lib32asound2 is not installed.
  teamviewer9 depends on ia32-libs; however:
   Package ia32-libs is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package teamviewer9 (--install):
  teamviewer9

Seems it needs some packages... lib32asound2 and ia32-libs... I tried to
install these packages ma I can't... for example this is my output of
sudo apt-get install lib32asound2:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package lib32asound2 is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'lib32asound2' has no installation candidate

And this is my output of sudo apt-get install ia32-libs:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ia32-libs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
   lib32asound2 lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0

E: Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate

It seems that the package was replaced by other packages, I tried to
install one of them... sudo apt-get install lib32z1:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
lib32z1 is already the newest version.
lib32z1 set to manually installed.
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  teamviewer9 : Depends: lib32asound2 but it is not installable
                Depends: ia32-libs but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

If I do sudo apt-get -f install the package teamviewer9 is removed....

Has anyone any idea of how I can install Teamviewer?

Thanks in advance for any replies!