Rebuild Netboot, how ?

Cindy-Sue Causey butterflybytes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 03:04:51 UTC 2014

On 8/27/14, Matt . <yamakasi.014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm trying to rebuild the netboot installer with the following which
> is not working well:
>
> git clone git://git.debian.org/d-i/debian-installer.git
>
> cd debian-installer/build
>
> fakeroot make rebuild_netboot USE_UDEBS_FROM=trusty
>
> I'm getting some dependency errors so I would like to ask which should
> be the right way to do this.

I've never done git but that long list of not founds you posted in
your other email caught my eye.. Your git [address] there.. It's
saying 404 Not Found when I click. I'm a-suming I should be able to
see SOMETHING there if I click over to it.. Maybe that's it? I'm
trying to find the alternative but this is new territory for me.. :)

Ok, I backed up your git link all the way to git.debian.org before it
got something.. It redirected and after searching for your "d-i", I
ended up with:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/debian-installer.git/

All I can say is that's a start.. I have NO CLUE beyond that.. If look
at that and find it ultimately takes you back to your original link,
maybe the server's just down or something? :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *