Logwatch stopped working after I did something stupid

Knute Johnson ubuntu at knutejohnson.com
Sat Aug 23 05:11:32 UTC 2014

Thanks everybody for the responses.

I don't know why I didn't think of rebooting it myself, I guess because it isn't a Windows machine.  I'd have gone right there if it was.

Anyway, I was impatient so I recreated all the files myself, fortunately I have an identical machine to copy from.  Then I got your post with the reboot suggestion.  Rebooting seems to have gotten things going again.  I can get the logwatch command to give me some output if I set the detail to med or high.  So I think I'm back up.  I'll know for sure tomorrow morning when I check my email.

Thanks again for the detailed suggestions, I'm going to save your email in my how-to notes.

Knute...