HAVING PROBLEM IN UBUNTU UPGRADATION : SAIAD

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:37:55 UTC 2014

On 18 August 2014 20:27, Zgi Ltd <zgiltd at gmail.com> wrote:

Please remember to reply to the list, not to me directly.  I am
sending this to the list.

> Dear Mr. Colin,
>
> Thanks for your mail and i have followed your advise. the result is as
> follows;

It was not my advise, it was Nils'

> 87 upgraded, 168 newly installed  2 t remove and 883 not upgraded, 204 not
> fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 75.4 MB of archives.
> After this operation, 142 MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue (Y/N) ..    i typed Y and return and got the
> following message...
>
> E: Unable to fetch some archives, may be run apt-get update or try with
> --fix-missing?
>
> Please advise what to do next now...?

Start by running
sudo apt-get update
If that shows any errors then post them here.

Then run Nils' suggestion again.  If you still get an error give us
some more details of the message (it should have told you what it
could not fetch).

If there are no errors then
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Colin