Running Windows Applications in Ubuntu

Peter Goggin petergoggin at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 13 16:27:20 UTC 2014

I have tried to install WINE on my test laptop. I have no idea how to
access it since nothing appears in the left hand toolbar.  Is there any
documentation to tell me how to install and use WINE?  I remember using
some years ago on Red Hat linux. I beleive it had a tool bar icon to
start it and it had a folder for data files.

I have several programs for which I cannot find Ubuntu equivalent ( MS
Access, FreeBMD, BMDVerify, FreeReg and FTW)  Are there any alternatives
to WINE for running these programs?

Regards

Peter Goggin

---