Failed upgrade to 14.04?

chicharras chicharras at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:43:19 UTC 2014

I just upgraded my laptop from 13.10 to 14.04 but got the following error:

Could not install the upgrades
The upgrade has aborted. Your system could be in an unusable state. A
recovery will run now (dpkg --configure -a).

I clicked to continue, and a while later it finished with the following
message:

Upgrade complete
The upgrade has completed but there were errors during the upgrade process.

I rebooted and everything seems OK. I am at 14.04 now:

cesar at chicharras:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    14.04
Codename:    trusty

cesar at chicharras:~$ uname -r
3.13.0-32-generic

If I run the Software Updater it tellms me that everything is up to date.

But I see a huge number of lines like the following in
/var/log/dist-upgrade/main.log:
2014-08-08 01:13:57,261 ERROR got an error from dpkg for pkg:
'xserver-xorg-input-mouse': 'dependency problems - leaving unconfigured'

So is there a way to validate my installation?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.

Chich.